RAMCEL Precision Stamping and Manufacturing LLC is a Leader In Custom Metal Stampings, Custom Tooling, and Automated Assembly
We maintain our leadership position in the global marketplace by consistently updating and upgrading our processes, techniques, and equipment. Plus, our on-going in-house training programs ensure that our staff of professionals and skilled equipment operators are knowledgeable and fully prepared to address client needs and challenges.
Our focus on excellence has resulted in RAMCEL achieving certifications to the latest standards; ISO 9001:2015, IATF 16949:2016, and ISO/EMS 14001:2015.
We are committed to delivering the highest quality, most cost-efficient processes, advanced technology, and customer-focused service to meet our customer’s needs.
RAMCEL continues making strides in our 2020 vision with strategic actions across our entire company. We keep pace with new techniques, new equipment, and innovative processes. This enables us to maintain the highest standards of precision and cost-efficiency for our customers.
Among key initiatives are:
- Installation of an 800-ton Verson Press.
- Addition of a new 200-ton Minster Press.
- Expansion to a 31,000-sq. ft. facility, increasing our footprint to 90,000+ sq. ft., for warehousing and assembly services.
These initiatives significantly increase bed-size capacity to 168” x 84” for stamping heavy metals and stamping parts that are significantly more complex and require the increased bed-size. Furthermore, the additional space ensures our ability to fully integrate design, stamping, quality control, automation, and specialized services to address the unique needs of our customers.
We are committed to delivering critical benefits to our customers:
- Expert engineering in product development.
- Single source supplier with a dedicated project manager.
- Comprehensive manufacturing, processes, and assembly.
- Custom manufacturing and monitoring by our exceptional engineering team.
- Faster completion of the production process and delivery.
- A very competitive price.
Employment at RAMCEL Stamping and Manufacturing
Interested in a career at RAMCEL? Click here to view available positions.
A Mission of Accuracy and Quality
The mission of RAMCEL is to be the best manufacturer of precision metal parts where our success is measured by how well we anticipate, satisfy, and exceed customer expectations.
RAMCEL is fully committed to quality performance. All processes and equipment are in full adherence and conformance with recognized industry quality standards of ISO 9001:2008 and following the recent EMS audit, we are fully certified IATF 16949:2016. We have been utilizing full SPC methodology since 1981 and it continues to contribute to our overall quality performance.
The RAMCEL IATF Quality Management System (IATF 16949:2016 certified) is the foundation of our robust business systems and processes. We’ve achieved IATF 16949:2016 certification for our performance in training, precision implementation, and auditing practices. It recognizes our focus on total customer satisfaction on quality and on-time delivery. We are more efficient, reduce the overall internal and external PPM’s, as well as control and management of total scrap.
With state of the art inspection equipment, including the latest technology in Optical CMM inspection, RAMCEL gathers the data and exports it into easy to interpret quality reports. Using this equipment allows RAMCEL to measure many parts more quickly – positively impacting throughput – thus leveraging overall cost for our customers. To maximize this leveraged cost, RAMCEL also employs analog and digital vision systems to automatically inspect parts being produced in our presses.
Customers can be confident that RAMCEL is committed to delivering the finest quality custom manufactured parts, faster, and at a very competitive price.
A Brief History of RAMCEL Precision Stamping and Manufacturing LLC
Doing It Right for Over 60 Years
- 1950: RAMCEL Engineering Company was founded by Richard A. Mengarelli (RAM) and Charles E. Lindgren (CEL). Operations begin in the basement of Richard’s parents’ home on the Northwest side of Chicago.
- 1951: Changed from a partnership to a corporation under the laws of the State of Illinois.
- 1956: RAMCEL Engineering moves to 8120 N. Ridgeway, Skokie, Illinois
- 1958: We begin using our “tryout” press for production stamping.
- 1960: RAMCEL Engineering purchases a 10,000 sq. ft. building at 7340 N. Ridgeway, Skokie, Illinois.
- 1968: RAMCEL Engineering builds a 25,000 square foot building and moves to its current location at 2926 MacArthur Boulevard, Northbrook.
- 1976: We add an 11,000 square foot warehouse.
- 1978: RAMCEL Engineering constructs the building at 3120 MacArthur Boulevard to house Die-Tronics, its Wire EDM / Laser sister company, and for additional warehouse space.
- 1984: RAMCEL’s engineering department begins utilizing AutoCAD to design its dies.
- 1987: We add a west annex, an additional 11,000 square feet of manufacturing space.
- 1989: RAMCEL Engineering purchases three Mazak vertical machining centers.
- 1991: We begin the replacement of mechanical press feeds with servo feeds.
- 1992: RAMCEL Engineering purchases its first 300 ton Minster E2 Hevi Stamper.
- 1994: We purchase 1.4 adjacent acres for future manufacturing expansion.
- 1995: RAMCEL purchases three new Minster E2 press lines: two 160 ton and one 200 ton.
- 1997: We added an additional 6,000 square feet of warehouse space.
- 1998: RAMCEL Engineering expands the Engineering Department into its own facility.
- 1998: We begin the implementation of the die sensor program to prevent tool damage.
- 1999: RAMCEL Engineering purchases a totally enclosed automatic vapor degreaser.
- 2000: RAMCEL Engineering is certified to ISO 9002 and QS 9000 standards, purchases Navision ERP software, and begins implementation.
- 2002: We purchase a 400 ton Minster E2 Hevi Stamper, a View Summit 800 inspection machine, and construct a training center.
- 2003: RAMCEL Engineering initiates the use of Analog Sensors for in-die measurements including the purchase of additional “Smart Pacs” and servo feeds.
- 2005: RAMCEL Engineering designs and builds an automatic assembly machine complete with a vision system to optically inspect internal features for an assembly for the computer industry.
- 2006: We designed and built our first in-line vision system to verify the presence of more than 134 features for a part in the automotive industry & receives certification to TS: 16949
- 2007: RAMCEL Engineering begins to relocate equipment for increased material flow and introduces 5S and Lean Principals company-wide. Purchases new ancillary equipment for more efficient handling of larger tooling and new equipment to aid in the reduction of tool set up times.
- 2008: We purchase a large scale automatic deburring machine with increased capacity.
- 2009: RAMCEL Engineering adds energy-efficient lighting throughout the entire plant & receives certification to ISO 14001.
- 2010: We purchased a Minster 600-ton Hevi-Stamper press line along with a Panasonic 6KG ARC robotic welding cell with an auto-index table. Also added an on-line press efficiently monitoring software with automatic data collection.
- 2011: RAMCEL Engineering purchases a coil car system for 600 ton Minster Press and pad printing equipment. Also purchased is a press mounted acoustical monitoring system for slug detection.
- 2012: We purchased 2 in-line automated vision inspection machines for 2 parts for the automotive industry that have safety severities of 10. Machines have the capability to automatically formulate X Bar and R Charts. Also purchased a second Panasonic 6KG ARC robotic welding cell with an auto-index table, a Tinius Olsen tensile tester, and a Mitutoyo Quick Vision CMM.
- 2014: RAMCEL takes over an additional 20,000 square feet of warehouse/manufacturing space at 3118/3120 MacArthur Blvd. Purchased a Mecco Laser Etching Machine with auto-indexing turntable.
- 2015: We purchased an additional 100 ton Minster High-Speed Press Line with an additional in-line automatic vision inspection machine.
- 2016: RAMCEL President/CEO, Rocky Palmi, and CFO, Jason Palmi, purchase RAMCEL. Company name is changed to RAMCEL Precision Stamping and Manufacturing LLC
- 2017: Jason Palmi, having been instrumental in the expansion and strategic growth of the firm while serving as CFO and member of the Senior Management Team, is named President.
- 2018: RAMCEL installs an additional 800-ton Verson Press, an additional 200-ton Minster Press, and expands to a 31,000-sq. ft. facility, increasing our footprint to 90,000+ sq. ft., for warehousing and assembly services. These initiatives significantly increase bed-size capacity for stamping heavy metals and complex parts requiring greater bed-size. The additional facility space allows us to fully integrate design, stamping, quality control, automation, and specialized services to address the unique needs of our customers.
RAMCEL CEO Recognized
Rocco Palmi, RAMCEL CEO, is recognized for his dedicated commitment in support of education and training in the trades. Mr. Palmi has guided the expansion of the curriculum at Lake Park High School and generously donated valuable manufacturing equipment to provide practical training for students. Ian Smith, Assistant Principal at Lake Park High School, presented Mr. Palmi with a recognition plaque in appreciation.